Tuesday 12 November 2013

Athletics day at Glenbrae School

Riiiiinng!!! went the bell to start the day. I thought it was just another normal day but I overheard some people talking  about athletics. “Darn ” I said to myself I didn't bring a thing for athletics .As I was waiting, Mrs Tofa told me to come help with the athletics so I thought to myself “at least it’s something I can do” so I  went to help .It was almost time to start and we were all lined up ready to go.


First up for us the year 7s was relays. To start up it was Moli vs me. We had the battons ready to go as Mrs Silva was saying “get ready get set GO!! ” I ran as fast as possible and I finished but he still beat me but the rest went and went till the last ones. Luckily we won the relays due to our effort in the beginning of the race.

Next up was long jump with Miss Atuahiva. The girls in Room 7 thought they were good but I was better.


Shot put was a bit of a challenge but I tried my best. You have to put the metal shot put towards your ears and then push it forward. It takes a lot of practice to throw far but we did ok.


After that we went to discus. The girls threw first and then the boys. Some of us did well but some were not participating properly.


The best activity was 100 m sprints. Moli and I were challenging each other. At the end Moli came first and I came second. However, we are both representing our school at the Auckland tournament so that is great.


Athletics day was great. All the students had fun and the activities were challenging and fun at the same time. The sun was also hiding away during athletics which was great.

By Jack

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,
    I really enjoyed the way you started your story - it was a great hook to get people interested in reading more.
    Well done on your sprints - it sounds as if you are a fast runner!
    Tsana (Karl & Robin's mum)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.
Make sure it is positive, thoughtful, and helpful.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.